Court Yard Hounds Album Review Project
**Please Check these Beautiful Talented Ladies Out**
**Meet the Ladies**
You may know Emily Robison and Martie Maguire as two-thirds of Dixie Chicks. Well, after a few years away from the limelight, these real-life sisters have found harmony by collaborating as Court Yard Hounds.
There are plenty of country-pop, fiddlin' folk, banjo-twangin' summery hooks in the songbook. Oh, and Emily and Martie can play more instruments than you can count on two hands. No big deal!
After releasing their 2010 self-titled debut, Court Yard Hounds, to much critical acclaim, the two sisters were ready to get back into the studio. Along with the release of Amelita, Court Yard Hounds are set to embark on a US tour, kicking off with Lollapalooza in August. The first single off the album, "Sunshine", is available now.
- “We’re a band, not a side project. We like our sound, and we’re going to continue to do this, and share something new this time around.” Emily Robison couldn't be more clear about the game plan for the Court Yard Hounds, the group she and sister Martie Maguire head up, as they get ready to release their second album, Amelita.
- After a few years away from the limelight and the Dixie Chicks, the two sisters were ready to get back into the studio with the creation of Court Yard Hounds. Amelita, out now, marks the Court Yard Hounds' second album.
- Containing 11 new tracks, Robison and Maguire took a different approach with Amelita than their debut album in 2010. This album contains a new perspective, which is due in part to time passed since Robison’s divorce. “I’ve been freed of all of those time-heals-everything kind of things,” says Robison. “Now, I’ve opened up to other ideas and ways of looking at life and the world. I think it’s not only a more hopeful album, but it’s more… well fun."
- "I love this band...the way we explore new aspects of ourselves and what we can expect from each other, both musically and as people," says Martie. "We are close. Plus, being on the road and being in the studio is like my spa from the everyday challenges of just being a mom.”
- The Court Yard Hounds’ new album is a clear statement of who the girls are as artists, defining their sound as a band, with soaring songs that are personal, yet familiar and widely relatable.
Links To Buy Album:
Amelita Track Listing:
- The World Smiles
- Aimless Upward
- Guy Like You
- Rock All Night
- Gets You Down
- Watch Your Step
- The Road You Take
I think these Ladies did a great job.They do have Dixie Chicks kinda vibe.They use many instruments like they (DC) do.They also have there own flare to there music.You can tell they have had some life altering experiences.
I like the song "Guy Like You" good mellow song love the instrumental part.The song "Divided" people can relate to it. The song "Get You Down" is a very relate able song.So fans are going to love this album.The first single "sunshine" is good it's about not letting anyone to make you bad about yourself.
Guy Like You
Rock All Nite
Watch Your Step
The Road You Take (Love the gutiar part solo!)
Well I just like them all.
**Sorry for such a big Post.Hope you read most of this lol. Check these ladies out.**
***I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own.**